Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Round 2 Day 2

Pretty good day today, we got to move out of ICU and into a regular room.  Although you feel very safe and cared for in the ICU, there isn't much rest.  Steve is much happier with out all the extra cords and extra "bugging".  He did pretty good today with all the treatments and they were able to really stay on top of his symptoms.  We were able to go outside and sit in the sun for a little bit today.  It felt so good! Our view from this new room is the top of the U of U hospital so I get to watch all the life flight helicopters come and go.  Although it's not as pretty as the mountain side, it is a bit more exciting.  I was even able to sneak away for a little bit tonight and meet a friend who has a little one down the street at Primary Children's.  It was great to get out for a bit even if it was just to a different hospital.  I thought I could be gone with out Steve even noticing, but that was not the case.  I wasn't gone long before I started getting texts asking me when I'd be back and that he missed me.  Ha ha, I guess I'm not to sneaky.  I guess he does know I'm here, sometimes I wonder??? I know I say this a lot, but We are so very grateful for all the prayers we are getting in our behalf.  We are truly lifted up and feel the strength that comes from those prayer.  The power of prayer is real, I can testify to that!!!
The view from our room day 2
                                 

                                        The PIC line was placed a lot easier and quicker this time around

This is what the PIC line looks like on x-ray

No comments:

Post a Comment